Contact-Free Homing during Covid-19
What you need to know
During the Coronavirus outbreak we have had to dramatically alter how we rehome animals so that we can protect both our staff, and anyone wishing to adopt from us. Whilst not all of the animals in our care will be suitable for adoption under our new Contact-Free Homing scheme, we hope to be able to place as many as possible in new homes which will in turn free up space for any emergencies that we are asked to take in.
Due to the extremely high number of enquiries and small number of dogs currently available we have temporarily closed our dog application process. Please check back from time to time to see when we are able to reopen it again.
Please do bear with us through this process as we are working with a reduced team and so dealing with applications might take a little longer than usual.
- Check out the cats and dogs that we currently have available for homing (if we don't have any ready for homes then you will not be able to submit an application at this time)
- If you see an animal that you would be interested in speaking to a member of the team about, click the relevant green button under the Adoption Fees information on this page to access the appropriate online application form and we will be in touch with you to discuss any animals that might be a suitable match. If you live in rented accommodation, we will need written consent from your landlord that they are happy for you to have pets (we will email them for this consent)
- Due to current restrictions we are not able invite you along to meet an animal in person as we normally would, so instead we will arrange a virtual meeting for you, or send you photos and a short video of the dog or cat that you are interested in. We will also ask you to provide proof of address (which can be shown to us during the virtual introduction, or emailed to us)
- If you and your chosen animal are a good match for each other we will then reserve them for you, and ask you to pay the adoption fee (see below for details of fees) via secure payment
- Once the adoption fee and proof of address have been received, we will either arrange to deliver the animal to you and complete the adoption paperwork, or arrange for you to collect them – this process will be explained to you in more detail during your initial enquiry – and will be carried out following strict social distancing protocols
- Following the handover, we will stay in touch with you to check that your new pet is settling in well and to answer any queries that you might have, and of course you are always welcome to contact us if you need some advice
To help recover some of the cost of caring for and rehoming animals our adoption fees are as below.
Any additional donation on top of these amounts is very gratefully received