Adopting a pet from Wadars
What you need to know
Thank you for you interest in adopting a pet from Wadars. Whilst not all of the animals in our care will be suitable for immediate adoption, we are carrying out initial conversations over the phone and will then either arrange a virtual meeting for you with an animal, or invite you to come and meet them in person if that is more appropriate for the individual dog or cat. In-person meetings might be limited to one member of a family, especially if space is limited (for example in our cattery). More details will be explained when you have the initial phone discussion about an animal.
Below is an outline of the current adoption process so please do read that through before making an application.
Due to the extremely high number of enquiries to adopt and relatively small number of dogs currently available we have temporarily closed our online dog application process. Please do check this website for available dogs and call us on 01903 247111 if you see one that might be a good match for you.
- Check out the cats and dogs that we currently have available for homing (if we don't have any ready for homes then you will not be able to submit an application at this time)
- If you see an animal that you would be interested in speaking to a member of the team about, contact us on 01903 247111 to discuss the adoption process and any animals that might be a suitable match. If you live in rented accommodation, we will need written consent from your landlord that they are happy for you to have pets (we will email them for this consent)
- After an initial discussion with a member of the animal care team we will either arrange a virtual meeting for you, or invite you to meet the dog or cat that you are interested in. We will also ask you to provide proof of address
- If you and your chosen animal are a good match for each other we will then reserve them for you, and ask you to pay the adoption fee (see below for details of fees) via secure payment
- Once the adoption fee and proof of address have been received, we will arrange for you to collect the animal and sign the adoption paperwork
- Following the handover, we will stay in touch with you to check that your new pet is settling in well and to answer any queries that you might have, and of course you are always welcome to contact us if you need some advice
To help recover some of the cost of caring for and rehoming animals our adoption fees are as below.
Any additional donation on top of these amounts is very gratefully received